A healthcare facility is seeking an Administrator. This position directs, supervises and coordinates interdisciplinary functions of the facility. Assumes all duties of the Administrator.
- Acts as the administrator of the facility, overseeing all aspects of daily activity.
- Oversees all department heads to ensure compliance with state and federal guidelines.
- Assists in administration and management of interdepartmental activities.
- Assists in developing and implementing all policies and procedures set forth in the facility, as per Federal and State regulations, in order to carry out all administrative objectives.
- Oversees Quality Assurance Program to ensure compliance by all departments.
- Involved in disciplinary actions, grievances and union-management issues.
- Reviews departmental staffing levels on a monthly basis to compare budgeted hours to actual hours. Meets with department heads to review reasons for overage. Reports to Executive Director for budgeting review.
- Coordinates all facility meetings, including, but not limited to: Quality Assurance meetings, Medical Board meetings, Pharmacy meetings, Infection Control Meetings, Safety committee and Daily Report Meetings.
- Performs daily rounds of the entire facility and reports all issues to the appropriate departments, and follows up to assure compliance. Performs safety rounds, environmental rounds and patient care rounds.
- Overall responsibility for environmental and Support Services of the facility- e.g. Maintenance, Housekeeping, Laundry and Food Services.
- Acts as facility purchasing agent/director.
- Reviews complaints and grievances in conjunction with appropriate department head. Reviews resolution of complaints and grievances with the administrator.
- Assists in the annual Department of Health Survey and all other governmental oversight agencies.
- Oversees facility compliance with HIPPA Regulations.
- Coordinates security Screening of employees and residents.
- Oversees Corporate Compliance Program including review of contractual agreements arranged with outside professionals to ensure compliance with the facility's policies and procedures, these include, but are not limited to: HMO's, consultants, outside vendors as well as state and federal regulations.
- Attends professional seminars, as deemed beneficial by the Executive Director.
- Serves as liaison to the community to promote good public relations. This includes arranging annual community health fair, and being available to answer
- questions from the community regarding services offered with the facility.
- 3+ years of related work experience.
- Knowledge and experience in healthcare administration.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Highly detail oriented.
Location: Waterbury, Connecticut