A healthcare services provider is seeking an experienced HR Director. This position will oversee hiring, training, compliance and more.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to understand job requirements and develop effective sourcing strategies.
- Assist in the recruitment process by screening candidates sourced by the Recruiting Coordinator, and scheduling and conducting interviews.
- Support hiring managers in making hiring decisions by providing insights and recommendations based on candidate evaluations.
- Conduct thorough reference checks.
- Negotiate offers and send out offer letters.
- Guide new employees through the onboarding process, ensuring all necessary paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with internal departments to ensure new hires have the necessary equipment, access, and training.
- Provide support and assistance to new employees to help them acclimate to the company culture.
- Employee Relations:
- Serve as a trusted resource and point of contact for supervisors and employees regarding HR related inquiries, policies and procedures.
- Provide support and guidance to supervisors on handling employee issues, conflicts, and performance concerns.
- Assist in development and implementation of performance improvement plans (PIPs) and corrective action processes.
- Conduct investigations into employee complaints, maintaining confidentiality and ensuring a thorough and unbiased approach.
- Address and resolve employee concerns and issues promptly and effectively, maintaining a positive working environment.
- Collaborate with supervisors to facilitate effective employee communication, employee engagement initiatives and programs.
- General HR Questions:
- Respond to general HR inquiries from employees, providing information and guidance on various HR topics, such as benefits and leave policies.
- Stay up to date with changes in employment laws and regulations to provide accurate and up-to-date information to employees and supervisors.
- Terminations and Offboarding:
- Assist supervisors in navigating termination processes, ensuring compliance with company policies and legal obligations.
- Coordinate the offboarding process such as conducting exit interviews, collecting company property, offboarding from benefits programs and coordinating with IT department to ensure all company access has been disabled.
- HR File Maintenance:
- Maintain and update employee records and HR databases, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and confidentiality.
- Ensure compliance with record retention policies and legal requirements.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of HR best practices, employee relations, and performance management.
- Experience with recruitment and onboarding processes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to build positive and trusting relationships with management and employees.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, with excellent time management skills.
- Proficient in using HRIS (Human Resources Information System) software and MS Office applications.
- Thorough understanding of employment laws and regulations.
Location: Brooklyn, NY