A health services firm is seeking to hire a Care Manager. The Care Manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with organizational policies and procedures, collaborating with other service providers, implementing individualized care plans, advocating for clients and their families, coordinating care, and achieving positive patient outcomes.
In addition to the primary responsibilities outlined above, we encourage a team-oriented approach to work and may require assistance with other tasks as needed to support the success of the department.
- Care Plan Implementation:
- Assess patient needs and identify care issues.
- Develop quality and complete care plans.
- Follow-up and adjust care plans as needed.
- Provide concrete services to support care plan implementation.
- Persist in finding solutions to complex patient care issues.
- Policy and Procedures:
- Ensure compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Document all encounter notes accurately and in a timely manner.
- Complete paperwork according to government standards and meet government deadlines.
- Consult and communicate with other service providers to ensure coordinated care and conduct interdisciplinary team meetings as needed.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and their family members.
- Demonstrate professionalism and effectiveness in communication with patients, families, and providers.
- Advocacy and Coordination:
- Connect clients and their families to community resources and social services to address healthcare needs.
- Advocate for clients and their families to ensure their needs are met.
- Educate clients and their families about their options available to them.
- Manage crises as they arise.
- Patient Outcomes:
- Strive towards patient and family satisfaction with services provided.
- Timeliness in response to patient needs.
- Work towards improving the physical and mental health of clients and their family members.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Related work experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
Location: Brooklyn, NY