An Insurance Brokerage Firm is seeking a skilled Full-Charge Bookkeeper to join their team.
This position includes assisting in such duties as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, reviewing and analyzing financial records, recording financial data, maintaining journals and ledgers, completing bank and account reconciliations, aiding with audits and various other related tasks.
- Aid with daily Accounting Department duties.
- Generate financial data and reports.
- Analyze and review financial data.
- Accounts Payable: data entry, reviewing data, confirming accuracy, correcting errors and ensuring timely payments are posted.
- Account Receivable: data entry, reviewing information, confirming accuracy, regular communication with account holders, resolving disputes, ensuring timely payment on all receivables and escalating delinquent accounts to appropriate channels.
- Inputting Journal and Ledger entries.
- Conducting Bank and Account Reconciliations.
- Aiding with Monthly, Quarterly and Year-end closings.
- Assisting with Audits.
- Working with Accounting Firm for tax processes.
- Working with external Firm for payroll processing.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Employing best industry practices to aid in overall Accounting Department operations.
- 3 years of Accounting/ Bookkeeping experience.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Accounting/ Bookkeeping principles.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to generate financial reports and forecasts.
- Ability to read and analyze financial reports.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to complete multiple projects simultaneously.
- Great attention to detail.
- Ability to complete solo projects and be an asset in a team setting.
- Professional and genial manner.
- Highly computer proficient.
Location: Brooklyn, NY