An investment firm is seeking a Charity Administrator/Bookkeeper. The company maintains a vibrant charitable giving program.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for maintaining financial and other records for the charity program, and will report to the Controller. Candidate will interact with beneficiary organizations and individuals on a regular basis, review applications, track pledges and prepare financial information. Candidate will also analyze budgets, projections and audited financial statements of applicant organizations, and review program information and performance.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, highly organized and detail oriented, with strong writing and verbal communication skills, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Handle confidential information professionally.
- Bookkeeping for the charity program – preparation of charity vouchers, checks and cover letters, recording of deposits, monthly bank reconciliations, etc.
- Analysis of organization financial statements and budgets.
- Transcription and filing of charity applications.
- Tracking open pledges and commitments, and applying payments.
- Draft letters and correspondence.
- Assist Controller with other office bookkeeping needs as availability allows.
- 5+ years bookkeeping using Quickbooks (desktop).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly diligent and detail oriented.
- Software required: QuickBooks; Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Languages required: Fluency in English and Yiddish (reading and speaking). Hebrew is a plus.