A multi-specialty health center is seeking a Psychiatrist. The Psychiatrist will be responsible for diagnosing, treating, and preventing mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders and will use a variety of methods to treat their patients, including psychotherapy, medication, and other therapies.
- Conduct psychiatric evaluations to diagnose mental disorders.
- Develop and implement treatment plans, including prescription of psychotropic medications.
- Monitor and evaluate treatment results.
- Provide psychotherapy, also known as talk therapy.
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals, such as psychologists, social workers, and primary care physicians.
- Educate patients and their families about mental illness and treatment options.
- Medical degree from an accredited medical school.
- Completion of a residency in psychiatry.
- Board certification in psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry.
- New York State license to practice medicine.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Compassionate and understanding demeanor.
Location: Monsey, NY