A Food Distributor is seeking a skilled and experienced Outside Sales Representative.
This position is responsible for generating new business and maintaining strong
relationships with existing customers. Success will be measured by ability to
meet or exceed monthly sales targets, grow portfolio of accounts, and provide
exceptional customer service to ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Conduct sales calls and visits to customers to generate new business and maintain existing relationships.
- Manage and maintain a portfolio of accounts.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities.
- Meet or exceed monthly sales targets.
- Create and maintain accurate records of customer interactions and sales activity.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure timely and accurate order fulfillment.
- Provide exceptional customer service to ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and product knowledge.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in all situations.
- Participate in sales meetings and training sessions as required.
- All routine work will be documented in an operations manual. The information included in the operations manual is proprietary.
- Follow the visitation route and schedule, and visit assigned accounts once a week for the first 3 months and bi-weekly thereafter.
- Product knowledge training will be provided on an ongoing basis thereby ensuring a strong command of the product line.
- Follow company’s visitation, order entry, and customer service protocol. Must enter orders via the order app.
- Employees will have weekly, regularly scheduled meetings with their manager.
- Employees are encouraged to recommend ideas for the improvement of their department and position that are consistent with the company's vision.
- Organized and takes ownership of the tasks given by directors.
- Previous sales experience with a record of exceeding expectations.
- Accountability and responsibility are imperative for the success of any Sales Representative.
- All work will be performed in accordance with all government laws, regulations, ordinances, and court rulings in those jurisdictions in which the company operates.
- All work will be performed according to company policies and standards inherent in all position agreements, system action plans, employee manuals, ongoing policy memoranda, and facilities dress code.
- Client and company information will be held strictly confidential outside the company.
- Employees will provide staff assistance as requested; each employee may be asked from time to time to cover other areas of accountability and/or departments.
- All business communications, whether verbal, visual or written, whether for internal or external use, will be professional in tone and content and in accordance with applicable and existing company policies and standards.
- Employees will respect each other's time, space, and need for concentration.
- Professional, motivated and detail-oriented.
Location: Central, NJ