This position will oversee the Maintenance Department and its staff, establish policies, and perform best practices to achieve optimal department results.
- Track the accountability of work completed, work pending, and work to be done.
- Responsible for the daily execution of scheduled and non-scheduled repairs and other activities to minimize equipment down time.
- Monitor the purchases of materials/ equipment and assist Account payable with proof of purchases for your department only.
- Direct responsibility for all the hourly Maintenance staff on all shifts.
- Notify management if specifications cannot be met and/or quality or safety is being compromised.
- Schedule contractors for major repairs as needed.
- Effectively communicate with Managers, Supervisors, and subordinates.
- Work on other projects as requested by management.
- Creates and plans daily, weekly, monthly maintenance schedules.
- Order and ensure accountability of purchased materials pertaining to the Maintenance Department.
- Ensure purchases get approved prior to ordering on materials exceed established costs.
- Communicate all purchases with Accounts Payable.
- Create procedures for the Maintenance department to ensure supporting departments can continue their mission.
- Accountable for every employee in the Maintenance dept.
- Experience or knowledge of machinery, basic tools, and ability to order manufacturing equipment parts.
- Knowledge of OSHA principles for safety in a manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years of related work experience.
- Highly efficient and detail oriented.
- Professional and personable.