A building supplies distributor is seeking an experienced and capable warehouse manager.
This position entails managing warehouse operations and personnel, coordinating shipping and receiving, interfacing with vendors and clients, maintaining inventory, and resolving any discrepancies.
- Enforce safe and productive warehouse operations, promoting team cohesiveness and maximum output.
- Ensure shipping and receiving activity are completed in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Analyze and improve on existing operations to promote greater output and cost-effectiveness.
- Ensure shipments and orders are on time, undamaged, accurately priced and in correct quantities.
- Note back-orders, price adjustments, damages and returns.
- Resolve any discrepancies.
- Interface with vendors, negotiate prices, and ensure quality and timely services are received.
- Interface with clients, resolve any issues, and ensure client satisfaction is maintained at all times.
- Ensure upkeep, maintenance, repairs, etc. of the warehouse facilities.
- Ensure optimal labeling and storage of products.
- Monitor and re-order inventory.
- Make adjustments for inventory and staff operations during busy seasons and seasonal changes.
- Closely track and comply with regulations and policies for shipping, labeling, packaging, etc.
- Maintain thorough records.
- Report to company management.
- 3 years of warehouse management experience.
- Motivational and supervisory aptitude.
- Employee and client relations abilities.
- Expert interpersonal and communication skills.
- Skilled problem solver.
- Motivated and innovative.
- Diligent and detail oriented.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Skilled at devising and implementing effective operational policies.
- Professional and personable manner.
- Computer skills.
Location: Brooklyn, NY