A food distributor is seeking a warehouse manager.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and knowledgeable individual who will assume responsibility for all warehouse activity and employees.
Duties include scheduling and organizing shipping and receiving, directing product storage, maintaining product inventory, administering over damage claims and returns, ensuring all orders are shipped correctly and on time, directing and supervising all employee activity, and more.
- Implementing work processes and procedures.
- Directing and supervising employees; assigning duties, hiring, training, disciplining and terminating employees.
- Assigning tasks and ensuring accurate and timely completion.
- Devising methods to promote efficiency and productivity.
- Organizing product storage and placement.
- Maintaining current and accurate product inventory and stores.
- Placing reorders as necessary.
- Scheduling product delivery and shipments.
- Organizing product unloading and storage efforts.
- Processing orders.
- Ensuring all requested products are in stock and noting back-order requests.
- Supervising order preparations.
- Ensuring all orders contain specified products and are shipped and delivered in a timely manner.
- Processing damage claims and returns.
- Maintaining thorough files and records for Shipping, Receiving, Products, and Inventory.
- Other duties as necessary.
- 3 years of related work experience.
- Managements and leadership capabilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, oral and written.
- Capable of working with all manner of individuals.
- Highly organized, methodical and efficient.
- Motivated and detail oriented.
- Capable of devising effective work processes and procedures.
- Good time management skills with the ability to multitask.
- Capable of meeting stringent deadlines and producing in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional and personable manner.
- Computer skills.
Location: Nassau County, NY