A company that provides health and medical assistance programs is seeking to hire a qualified Executive Assistant / Intake assistant.
The Executive Assistant / Intake assistant performs, coordinates, and oversees technical and office administrative duties in support of the Executive(s); may supervise clerical and other support staff; and perform other duties as assigned.
• Performs secretarial duties for the Director and for other Agency Executives.
• Types, distributes, and files general correspondence.
• Manage and maintains Executive(s)’s calendar(s).
• Organizes and makes arrangements for meetings including location booking, food orders and additional set-up needs.
• Arranges conference calls.
• Assists Executive with preparation of presentation/meeting materials.
• Operates and troubleshoots new office technology.
• Manages information requests and responds appropriately. Prepares responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
• Greets visitors and directs them to their appointments; Determines whether they should be given access to specific individuals.
• Answers phones and directs all incoming calls to appropriate party promptly and efficiently.
• Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
• Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including email.
• Organizes and maintains paper and electronic files.
• Manages special projects.
• Assists with and responds to all forms of inquiries regarding company programs and services.
• Conducts intake interviews with potential members to gather necessary administrative information.
• Assists members in completing referral and enrollment forms and answering all questions.
• Enters administrative information into computerized databases.
• Manages paperwork and forms involved in getting the member enrolled and assigned to a Care Manager.
• Maintains appropriate documentation for all intake activities.
• Follows up and tracks the status of each member throughout the intake process.
• Assists to coordinate with referral sources and staffing entities.
• Assists with implementing and overseeing aspects of special projects (examples include assisting with training on new technology systems, communicating feedback to Care Managers etc.).
• Attends regular staff meetings, and other professional activities as scheduled.
• Trains other Agency clerical staff where necessary.
• Associate degree or equivalent.
• 2-3 years general secretarial experience and computer word processing required.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Professional, engaging, and compassionate.
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• The ability to monitor and prioritize workload and meet strict deadlines.
Location: Brooklyn, NY