A Building Supplies Distributor is seeking a responsible and experienced Project Manager.
The Project Manager will coordinate product purchasing and deliveries for assigned projects, making sure materials meet the project specifications and schedules.
- Direct and coordinate activities of the , estimator and salesperson to ensure submittals are accurate and meet the project specifications, and are within the prescribed budget.
- Prepare the submittals for the General Contractor and Architect; this includes updating and verifying project costs.
- Maintain relationships with customer’s personnel on the assigned projects.
- Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Update schedules and prepare purchase orders in accordance with project scheduling requirements.
- Ensure that change orders are properly documented and invoiced.
- Coordinate and manage all purchasing of materials for projects, including negotiating pricing and delivery time frames with vendors.
- Maintain a record on each project comparing the final delivered cost to the planned cost.
- Manage projects efficiently to avoid profit shrinkage due to failure to properly stage/schedule work.
- Bring estimating/detailing errors to the attention of respective manager such that mistakes can be minimized.
- Prepare project reports for management, client, or others.
- Minimum 2 years of related experience required.
- Ability to read plans and blueprints.
- Knowledge of industry related items.
- Knowledge of building and safety material for the commercial construction industry is a big plus.
- Ability to read an architectural scale.
- Detail oriented, deadline conscience, and goal driven.
- Basic computer and Microsoft office skills.
Location: Staten Island, NY