A real estate and construction firm is searching to hire a talented Tax Manager to work in tandem with the finance and accounting team, who will be responsible for the implementation and strategy of all tax policies. This role requires tax planning, reporting, filing corporate tax returns, and planning for current and future company investments.
- Ensure that corporate tax return preparation meets all regulatory requirements.
- Research tax laws.
- Assist in IRS and state audits.
- Prepare quarterly reports.
- Prepare and review federal and state income tax for numerous entities including non for profits.
- Maintain tax records.
- Use frequent discretion and independent judgement to make recommendations regarding tax savings opportunities.
- Work with tax partners and advisory staff to develop strategies.
- Collaborate with portfolio managers to discuss tax implications.
- Analyze current and prospective investments to identify areas of tax risks.
- Identify areas for tax technology improvement and automation to help improve Tax Department efficiencies.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in tax management.
- BA in Accounting/Finance, MBA a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly methodical and detail oriented.
- Strong research and computer skills.
Location: Brooklyn, NY