A real estate and construction firm is seeking a dedicated Construction Loan Officer who will be responsible for the administration of all commercial construction loans and the processing of all construction loan advances as well as the upkeep of contract and file information. This role be asked to meet loan requirements by collecting data, verifying documents, and ensuring the completion of applications. The Construction Loan Officer will also be responsible for interpreting the financial policies, rules, and regulations.
- Analyze development and construction cost estimates and shop loans.
- Manages and administers a portfolio of loans from origination through to closing in accordance with Bank policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Provides documentation and Bank policy and procedure guidance to all lending areas.
- Ensures all required loan conditions are sufficient and properly documented and in compliance with bank policy.
- Manages/takes appropriate actions to ensure loans are ready to be funded, booked and properly set-up if necessary.
- Acts as liaison with bank counsel, compliance, asset-based lending, leasing, government banking, derivatives, construction loan administration, brokers, international department, and various other parties to the loan as needed.
- Assisting finance department with the accurate capture of details into the General Ledger.
- Coordinate with Project Management team for all site inspections before draw and validate that all municipal approvals and construction requirements have been met.
- Prepare internal and external reporting on active and pending loans.
- Attend bank meetings relating to commercial loans and follow up on any outstanding issues.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in loan management.
- BA in Accounting/Finance, MBA a plus.
- Client relationship management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Real Estate finance and loans.
- Methodical and detail oriented.
- Professional and personable manner.
Location: Brooklyn, NY