A packaging supply Manufacturer is seeking a Systems Administrator to coordinate implementation efforts and provide comprehensive support to any specialty software used within the company.
This position will collaborate with outside vendors to coordinate the system installation and configuration, as well as the necessary training for all system users throughout company departments. When necessary, software systems must be configured to integrate with other programs. Communication is essential as the Systems Administrator interacts with business users on a constant basis to understand and properly diagnose each issue as well as provide the necessary training when appropriate. Additionally, this position will work together with outside vendors to gain additional understanding of current and upcoming software capabilities and stay up-to-date with recent software changes. Lead with planning studies of potential electronic data processing applications and prepare design proposals to reflect cost, time and alternative actions to satisfy existing and future needs of the corporation.
This position is located in Brooklyn but requires 1 weekly visit to an additional company facility in Downstate, NY.
• Analyze, design, evaluate, modify, test and implement software systems across departments.
• Provide technical support on software to all users within the company.
• Repair faulty data systems to ensure usability of software for users.
• When necessary, configure software for optimal use.
• Assist software users with training to limit future issues when appropriate.
• Interact with vendors to aid with major software support issues.
• Collaborate with vendors on new software updates and gain training on new functionality.
• Update users and leadership with status of requests.
- 3+ years of related work experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of IT software administration.
- Capable of troubleshooting, planning, and executing a broad range of software projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Methodical, innovative, analytical and capable of meeting deadlines and resolving issues.
Location: Brooklyn, NY (once weekly travel to Downstate, NY)