A building supplies Distributor is seeing an experienced Purchaser.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for product procurement, finding new vendors, products and markets, conducting negotiations, performing market research, and completing other related tasks.
- Conduct market research on products, vendors and markets.
- Find new cost-effective vendors and items; overseas and local.
- Perform pricing comparisons.
- Expand company product portfolio.
- Obtain new products and goods.
- Forge relationships with new vendors.
- Conduct negotiations and closings.
- Maintain good working relationship with existing vendors.
- Organize the shipping and arrival of orders.
- Source specialty items for clients upon request.
- Keep abreast of developing industry trends.
- Predict, and take action to meet consumer needs.
- Recognize and achieve optimal company potential.
- 2+ years of experience in Buying/Purchasing.
- Thorough understanding of international purchasing and local product procurement.
- Ability to perform market and product research.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Effective negotiator.
- Highly driven and goal oriented.
- Proficient, with effective time management and multitasking capabilities.
- Professional and amiable disposition.
- Computer knowledge.
Location: Brooklyn, NY