A Medical Supplies Distributor is seeking a Purchaser to join their team.
This position will oversee national and international purchasing efforts and coordinate with vendors, sales department, and warehouse department.
- Follow company protocols for domestic and international purchasing.
- Maintain proper inventory by placing orders and transfers in a timely fashion.
- Expedite product arrivals and proactively respond to new volumes.
- Buy product by the forecasted needs and consider total cost including freight.
- Professional and immediate response to internal departments and external vendors.
- Accurately follow vendor procedures for purchase order placement.
- Process returns to vendors.
- Complete special projects as assigned by management.
- Work closely with vendors to get results.
- Support and communicate with Sales team to adjust purchasing practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- 2+ years of related work experience.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of inventory control policies and procedures.
- Professional and motivated.
Location: Bergen County, NJ