A large Supermarket is seeking a Produce Department Manager.
This position will oversee operations, daily activity and team members of the produce department.
- Manages department inventories by tracking weekly sales reports. Orders product and supplies to meet customer requirements and the company’s gross profit goals.
- Schedules all produce associates, oversees and assists with their training, rewards and recognizes their performance, and delegates their work assignments so as to most effectively utilize their talents and abilities while maximizing profits for the department.
- Develops and implements localized merchandising plan for the department, sets up and creates displays for new and seasonal items as well as items that are tied-in with other department promotions, in order to meet the sales and profit objectives of the store and the department.
- Prepares, maintains and tracks all types of records concerning inventories to calculate gross monthly profits according to company guidelines.
- Follows established departmental procedures for receiving merchandise including inspecting the product when delivered, and restocking to ensure freshness and quality, accuracy, and product rotation.
- Controls department expenses by improving operations and efficiencies, controlling labor costs, and reducing losses due to shrinkage and pilferage.
- Develops and maintains communications with other departments in order to devise marketing plans, which will help meet the financial objectives of the store. Keep the Store Manager fully informed of these actions.
- Identifies areas in the Produce Department where improvement in customer service is required, then implements changes and procedures to address these needs.
- Maintains accurate records on all important matters, including associate performance and discipline, sales plans, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervises all associates in the Produce Department.
- 2+ years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of retail operations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Management skills.
- Client and employee relations aptitude.
- Goal and detail oriented.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Computer skills.