An Architectural Firm is seeking an experienced structural engineer to join their team.
The engineer is responsible for conducting structural evaluations, monitoring construction projects, making recommendations, offering technical assistance, producing designs, generating calculations and performing other industry related tasks. This position is primarily in-office, with only periodic site visits.
- Performing structural analysis.
- Design blueprints and structural engineering plans.
- Analyzing architectural plans.
- Generating geometric designs and structural calculations.
- Producing reports.
- Overseeing construction projects.
- Communicating with clients and implementing any requested changes.
- Advising on necessary materials, methods of action and projects cost estimates.
- Periodically visiting project sites and offering technical assistance and analysis.
- Manage structural scope, fee and schedule.
- Interfacing with internal and external resources.
- Employ best industry practices to obtain maximum project results and efficiency.
- 3 years of related work experience.
- License is a plus. Education and certificate related to engineering is a must.
- Thorough understanding of the Architectural Engineering and Design field.
- Understanding of American Codes.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Ability to complete multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment.
- Capable of conforming to deadlines.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Professional and personable demeanor.
- High computer proficiency.
Location: Regal Park, NY