A health services firm is seeking an AP Manager to manages payables for over 30 Departments, each with their own unique expenses.
Expenditures are processed by invoices & paid to vendors via Check, CC & ACH, Employee Credit cards & Online purchases.
In addition to that, there’s Employee reimbursement, Petty cash & ongoing expenses e.g., rent, leases, Utilities, Dues & subscriptions etc.
- Create, Update, and maintain Accounts Payable Systems, policies & procedures to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Review existing processes, structures, and systems with a focus on simplifying, standardizing, and automating them to deliver maximum efficiency across the organization.
- Create & maintain PO’s/Budgets for each Expense type.
- Detect & resolve abuse or abnormalities in spending.
- Ensure legitimacy of Employee reimbursement, Usage of Agency’s Credit Card & Amazon/Uber accounts.
- Enforce proper approval process for Invoices by respective parties prior to payment.
- Direct timely processing of disbursements.
- Ensure monthly ongoing invoice & dues are submitted and paid promptly.
- Expenses are allocated & posted accurately to the correct Departments & expense accounts.
- Ensure contracted invoices are paid according to contract.
- Make sure violations are handled promptly.
- W9, Workers Comp etc. On file for Vendors.
- Process year end 1099’s.
- Positive Pay.
- Handle undeposited funds.
- Several years of accounts payable experience.
- A few years of experience in a leadership role.
- Must be Creative, Highly accountable, Self-starter, Self-Motivated, Independent, Action & detail oriented.
- Must possess strong problem solving, leadership and team building skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills necessary to create effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Able to work effectively under pressures of deadlines.
- Strong Excel skills.
Location: Brooklyn, NY