A health services firm is seeking a skilled HR Generalist.
This position will assist with company-employee interactions, employee recruiting and onboarding, overseeing new and existing employee relations and HR work processes, and reporting to management.
- Work with management and department heads to develop and implement HR aims and achieve company HR objectives.
- Assist with periodical evaluations of compensations, bonuses and existing employee policies and company regulations. Implement updates and adjustments as necessary.
- Contribute to the formulation of personnel policies and procedures, and generating a comprehensive employee handbook.
- Routinely analyze and evaluate effectiveness and compliance of employee policies, and organize adjustments as necessary.
- Conceptualize effective employee retention efforts.
- Implement employee recruitment processes; including advertisement and marketing, interviewing, vetting, pre-screening and onboarding of new employees.
- Evaluate reports and analysis to determine results of current policies and the status of company objectives. Recommend new initiatives to improve outcomes and achieve company goals.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, payroll, etc.
- Resolve any HR crises.
- Report to management.
- 2+ years of previous HR work experience.
- Must already have or be working toward Bachelors Degree in HRM, Organizational Psychology or related major.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to effectively gather data, perform analysis and generate reports.
- Capable of formatting data into comprehensive reports and effectively conveying findings in a formal setting.
- Expert problem solver. Skilled at crisis resolution. Ability to resolve issues satisfactorily in a timely fashion. Sensitive to others' needs, extending utmost respect and confidentiality to all individuals.
- Personable and approachable manner.
- Computer competency.
Location: Brooklyn, NY