A retail Supermarket is seeking a capable Assistant Manager.
The ideal candidate will ensure that operations are productive, staff and customers are satisfied, and store operations run smoothly.
- Devise improvements for existing operations.
- Oversee implementation of effective work policies.
- Supervise and manage employees and daily operations.
- Oversee staff hiring, training and discipline.
- Assign duties and formulate work schedules.
- Confirm accurate and timely work completion.
- Oversee inventory management, including stocking, labeling, re-orders, shipping, receiving and more.
- Interface with purchasers, sales reps and vendors.
- Determine which items to purchase, ensure adequate stocks.
- Inspect incoming shipments to confirm accurate quality, quantity and prices.
- Oversee store staging, item displays and upkeep.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Resolve any issues with vendors, clients, customers or employees.
- Ensure compliance with existing financial structure and protocols.
- Assist with financial reviews and audits.
- Coordinate store marketing efforts, strategize and organize periodical marketing and advertisement campaigns, and work with external assets when required.
- Report to executive management.
- 2 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of retailer operations and management.
- Expert interpersonal and communication skills.
- Employee and client relations aptitude.
- Adept at problem solving.
- Motivated and detail oriented.
- Capable of multitasking and meeting deadlines.
- Skilled at research and analysis, and implementing progressive actions.
- Professional and personable manner.
- Computer skills.
Location: Upstate, NY