An Retail Store Chain is seeking a Buying Team Manager.
The ideal candidate will lead a Buying Team, conduct detailed research, establish consumer trends, locate ideal products, investigate prudent vendors, source products, and negotiate purchases.
- Establishing effective department policies.
- Training and supervising team members.
- Leading daily department operations.
- Networking and communications.
- Conducting detailed research.
- Identifying consumer and market trends.
- Determining which products to buy.
- Locating ideal vendors.
- Negotiating cost effective purchasing contracts.
- Ensuring timely delivery of products.
- Resolving any discrepancies.
- Proactive in evolving purchasing practices in accordance with market adjustments.
- Consistently tracking and researching consumer trends.
- Establishing effective vendor relations.
- Be on the lookout for cost effective new products and buying sources.
- Perform other related duties.
- 4+ years of related work experience.
- Management experience.
- Proficient in product purchasing and buying practices.
- Knowledge of Retail box store sales.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills.
- Superior negotiator.
- Capable of conducting detailed research and identifying patterns.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Effective problem solver.
- Professional and personable manner.
- Computer skills.
Location: Brooklyn, NY