A Food Manufacturer & Distributor is seeking a skilled and capable Purchaser.
The retail purchaser is to be responsible for sourcing, developing, building, and
branding the retail sections.
- Research and learn about the retail market.
- Research retail products and review existing goods to ensure the products remain competitive.
- Ensure that guidelines are followed when designing, packaging and marketing the products.
- Work side-by-side with the food service purchasing team.
- Identify customer preferences and forecasting consumer trends.
- Following through with the branding team from beginning to end.
- Maintain accurate MRP inputs, including supplier, lead time, and price.
- Fulfill material and service requirements based on an enhanced
understanding of business needs.
- Coordinate with vendors on delivering quality products while negotiating prices.
- Oversee the Quoting, Purchase Order, and Order Tracking functions.
- Bidding and negotiating non-merchandise purchases for domestic and international purchasing demands.
- Responsible for managing the entire non-merchandise supply chain and inventory levels.
- Responsible for vendor and project management.
- Monitor stock levels and make plans for buying within budget.
- Plans and executes appropriate supply chain strategies to support
organizational goals for cost control, lead time reduction, and inventory reduction.
- Attend events, fairs and exhibitions to remain up-to-date with the market’s trends.
- 3+ years of related work experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Purchasing and Sourcing.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organized, and takes ownership of the tasks given by directors.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in all situations.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
Location: Central, NJ