A mid-sized accounting firm is seeking an experienced Staff Accountant. This position must have experience preparing tax filings, journal entries, reconciling balance sheets and income statements and reconciling accounts.
- Prepare journal entries on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Perform monthly closing procedures.
- Prepare monthly financial statement analysis of multiple business units.
- Reconcile Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts such as Inventory, Prepaid Expenses, Accrued Liabilities, Payroll, Deferred Rent, Notes and Capital Leases Payable.
- Research US GAAP and assist in the preparation of technical accounting memos.
- Assist in the preparation of consolidated financial statements, elimination of inter-company transactions, creation of cash flow statements and preparation of footnote disclosures.
- Special accounting projects as needed.
- 3+ years public accounting tax returns experience.
- Dynamic personality that is comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to perform independent research.
- Strong computer skills.
Location: Brooklyn, NY