A large consumer good Retailer is seeking a skilled Director of Finance. This position will oversee finance and account operations, assist with expansion, and ensure ongoing financial health of the company.
•Provide financial and strategic leadership to Ecommerce/Digital business through insights and analysis to drive profitable growth.
•Sales Planning and Forecast tracking.
•Cross functional collaboration between sales and marketing departments, and overall budget management on company overall spending and on sales and marketing initiatives.
•Leverage financial and syndicated data to drive insights and actions on performance and market potential.
•Collaborate with commercial teams on short-term and long-term evaluations of ecommerce innovation ie, product offerings, ecommerce ready launches, etc.
•Develop monthly digital channel reporting packages and P&L summaries across BUs, categories, retailers, brands, etc.
•Conduct competitive segment evaluations to identify trends and patterns and the financial impact of potential opportunities and future strategic initiatives.
•Develop and maintain financial models used for planning and strategic decision making such as pricing, channel, digital marketing investment and contribution margin analysis for eCommerce channels.
•Partner with commercial teams on initiatives/negotiate vendor terms.
Work directly with Brand and Sales Finance partners on risk assessment, budgeting & forecasting and channel profitability leveraging intelligence from Power BI.
•Drive performance management review and key business actions for profitable, competitive growth on a monthly basis.
•Partner with Management and operational teams to drive improved planning and reporting process, including eCommerce financials, forecast, and yearly planning and evaluate effectiveness of investments, and how to optimize across ROAS and other key metrics to invest for sustainable growth.
- Cash Flow analysis & A/R schedule to manage cash flow.
- Communicate to executive management on ROI of company investments.
- Work closely with Marketing, R & D, and sales, assisting with budgets.
- Monitor Purchasing & Inventory levels.
- Analyze and defining ROI on new hires – identify risk/return.
- Implement ERP system.
- Allocating capital planning and strategic capital planning for new ventures.
- Analyze capital structure, debt, interest rates etc.
- Create spending limits on purchasing and sales management.
- Analyze commission structure with sales team.
- Use power BI to determine product profitability and other insightful data points.
- Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly financial reporting.
- Manage the budgeting process.
- 6+ years of related experience.
- BS Degree in Accounting.
- Reliable – Well organized, high attention to detail, robust analytical skills, and follow-through.
- Clear communicator- ability to synthesize information into compelling, clear, and succinct narratives.
- Agile team player – Can work autonomously as well as with others.