A Construction Firm is seeking a qualified and experienced site Manager. This position will be responsible for managing and directing a crew of workers in delivering a successful project by meeting and exceeding project goals for safety, quality, profitability and schedule, resulting in extreme customer satisfaction.
- Pre-plan work activities to develop best means and methods, including safety action plans.
- Review contracts, project documentation and plans to ensure that the work in the field is built to the most recent specifications.
- Plan the daily operations on assigned projects and ensure that proper resources are in place for the timely completion of work, including labor, tools, equipment and materials.
- Assume responsibility for crew performance as it relates to company goals, safety audits, and following company policies and procedures.
- Initiate follow up action as necessary including training, orientation, discipline, etc.
- Conduct daily briefing with crew to review production goals, performance feedback, safety and hazard procedures, schedule, and to solicit feedback from the workers.
- Maintain a dedication to safety at all times by modeling, providing and enforcing safe work practices and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that proper safety equipment is available and used by all field personnel.
- Communicate with clients and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Communicate with contractors or sub-contractors to coordinate work, goals, etc.
- Train and motivate workers.
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks such as production reports, timesheets, equipment logs, inspection reports, change orders and updating project files.
- Perform other related administrative or project based duties as assigned.
- 3 years of working experience in the construction industry.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of all aspects of construction and maintenance.
- Ability to supervise the work of others and clearly communicate instructions to crew.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work being performed.
- Ability to read and understand project specific documents including schedules, building plans and specifications.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare work and time reports.
- Proficiency with basic Microsoft Office suite.
Location: New York