A Food Manufacturer is seeking a Supply chain manager. This position supervises all the logistics processes. Must be capable not only of integrating work, material, and information flows, but also of strategically coordinating and planning phases such as procurement, production line supply, and goods distribution. Must have a detailed awareness of stock on hand and actively monitor what is being used. Make sure company has quality products in stock with great competitive prices.
- Plan and implement the overall supply chain strategy.
- Collaborate with Sales, Operations, and Customer Service teams.
- Determine key supply chain KPIs.
- Suggest solutions for process improvements.
- Identify process bottleneck and implement solutions in a timely manner.
- Provide constructive feedback.
- Determine which are the best vendors and distributors. Build and maintain good relationships with them.
- Train, evaluate and mentor employees, including reinforcement of safety guidelines.
- Create supply chain management strategies that increase efficiency and speed.
- Balance safety, cost management and business growth then prepare and submit reports.
- Handle communications and negotiations with suppliers.
- Other related duties.
- 3 years of related work experience.
- Previous working experience as a Manager.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, shippers, and customers.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of logistics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage logistics of all aspects of the supply chain.
- Understanding of accounting or finance.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Good time-management skills.
Location: Central, NJ