A payroll services firm is seeking an experienced and capable Tax Specialist.
The Tax Specialist is responsible for the administration, processing and data integrity for the Payroll Accounting Taxes.
- Administer daily payroll activities and processing.
- Follow company's work procedures.
- Compile payroll data and statistics.
- Review, maintain and ensure accurate interpretation of state and federal tax regulations and legal requirements.
- Accumulate and organize information to ensure accurate reporting to Federal, State and local agencies.
- Prepare and create standard and ad hoc reports.
- Reconcile related payroll information for funding requirements.
- Keep abreast of multi-state payroll tax laws and requirements. Conduct research and necessary to note and implement any changes.
- Ability to analyze/interpret data and take appropriate action.
- Maintain documentation for auditors, clients, and internal review.
- 2+ years of Payroll Tax experience.
- In-depth knowledge of payroll tax requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to devise effective operational procedures.
- Proficient at research, analytics and report compilation.
- Multitasking skills and capable of meeting stringent deadlines.
- Professional and personable manner.
Location: Monsey, NY