A cleaning supplies Distributor is seeking a skilled Shipping Manager.
The Shipping Director will be responsible for overall shipping operations. This position will oversee the company's fleet of shipping vehicles, the drivers, as well as 3rd party shipping relationships.
The shipping manager will be responsible for evaluating the performance of carriers as well as the shipping department employees and will work in direct coordination with the Director of Fulfillment in ensuring the highest level of delivery execution. This role will ensure costs of shipping are controlled while ensuring on time orders are achieved.
The shipping manager must have extensive knowledge of logistics, DOT compliance, shipping hazardous materials as well as experience in efficient routing.
- Common carrier and LTL shipment scheduling.
- 3rd Party carrier relationship management and scheduling.
- Management of drivers including, hiring, training, performance management, scheduling, etc.
- Fleet management of all company owned shipping vehicles including scheduling preventive maintenance and repairs.
- Routing of all drivers for all company direct shipped routes.
- DOT Compliance.
- HAZMAT Compliance.
- Point person for all communication related to shipping including general questions, ETAs, shipping issues, etc.
- Budget oversite and cost control related to overall shipping expenses.
- Maintain neat and accurate vehicle and staff documentation.
- A minimum of 2 years of shipping management experience.
- A minimum of five years of general experience in a shipping and logistics field.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Knowledge of DOT compliance.
- Experience with shipping hazardous materials (HAZMAT certification).
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with team, managers and customers.
- Strong attention to detail, strong organization and follow up skills.
- OSHA and Safety experience.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to act decisively and solve problems.
- Forklift, pallet jack experience.
- CDL Class B license.
Location: Central, NJ